Friday, April 25, 2008

April Club projects

When I came accross this cute gift card holder I knew I wanted to try it, and then share it with my clubs. You can also put money folded up quite easily inside as well.

You start with 1 pc of cardstock 4 1/4 x 11. Wheel as desired. Score 3 inches from either narrow end, and also score at 5 1/2" (dead middle). Make it fold into a 'M' shape. You put a smidgen of adhesive along the top/bottom of the middle piece but NOT down the front or middle. Use a circle punch to punch out a half moon shape (so you can grab the gift card etc....and lastly you trim just a bit off the end (where its punched) so now you can get something inside.

Hope this refreshes club members to make these at home, and I'd love for you to give it a try.





Here is the card sample using the Cracked Glass technique. The ladies also made a swatch for their swatch booklet. I LOVE the afternoon tea designer series paper. We made our own custom In Colour markers using a blender pen and reinkers. I've marked the ends so now they'll always be guava and wasabi. If you purchase 1 new pkg of blender pens when the new In Colours come out, you can dedicate each end to a new colour and have the advantages of having a marker.
Have a super weekend,
Happy Stampin'
Kerry

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Very cute gift card holder.... I'm so going to try that!!!