Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Great day


Greetings!


Today was one of those days where its just a great day. The sun was shining (which here in BC is quite a rare thing during the winter - usually rain). My husband took our youngest on errands for a few hours this morning so I had the house to myself!! (again rare thing). I got alot accomplished during that time which feels good. After school went to the playground as a family....great but cold...brrrrrr. Went out to dinner at our fav Mexican restaurant just over the border...El Nopal. YUMMMM. Then whipped home so I could get the last minute stuff ready for my class tonight! I had the accordian scrapbook in a tin class tonight and it was alot of fun and the gals did amazing!!!!!! Such creativity flowing around! I felt quite not needed so I made this card while they were busy.....thanks to Louise ( www.alittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com for the inspiration for embossing black on black cardstock! Very cool effect! I used the free set we got from Shelli for Christmas. Its called Polka Dots and Paisley and is in the new upcoming Spring Mini catalog. Soooo I black embossed the paisley on the black c/s. Also white embossed the phrase. The flower is stamped on shimmery white c/s which is hard to make out in the scan. Used Cool Carribean as well for a splash of colour!


Anyway thanks for sharing your time with me,

Happy Stampin'

Kerry

3 comments:

Louise said...

Nice card! Thanks for the honorable mention! I actually used white craft with crystal clear emb. pwdr. b/c that's what I had in stock... same results - same great SU! product!!!! I was thinking of re-vamping my card with one splash of colour... maybe red would be quite striking!? The turquoise looks nice :)

Anonymous said...

Had a great time at class! And you know I love this card!! great work. See you at school!

Louise said...

Oops! My mistake - just went to make my black/white/red creation & realized that it's versamark, not the white craft! I'll post the card - kind of oriental in colours?!