Thursday, April 30, 2009

For those that have inquired this is the appetizer I made last weekend when we out to our friends house. It was a big hit, and oh so yummy!

Zucchini Cheese Garlic Appetizer
SUBMITTED BY: Northernlights PHOTO BY: ESLP "Wonderful little biscuits filled with cooked zucchini and cheese. Garlic and herbs round out the flavor nicely."


INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
4 cups grated zucchini
1 3/4 cups biscuit baking mix
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 large finely chopped onion
4 cloves chopped garlic
3 tablespoons dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, biscuit baking mix, Parmesan, Cheddar, eggs, vegetable oil, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and oregano. Spread the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow the mixture to cool. Cut into small squares and serve warm or cold

I got this recipe from allrecipes.com its a FAB site that I've used for years. I just type in the item, or ingredients I want to use in the search bar and 'voila' - lots to choose from. I like to read the reviews before I make anything too as sometimes there are great suggestions made!

Bon Appetite!
Kerry

No comments: