Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sept Club projects

Hello, I loved this idea that I stumbled upon while blog surfing a month or so ago...Now that the SU stamp sets come die cut (yahoo) you peel the backing off the large piece of rubber that held the stamps in place and keep the paper part for masking! I realized that the backing I used for this card is from the Punches Three Level 1 hostess set but I thought it worked well with what I wanted to create. I used the new In Color - Baja Breeze and Going Grey and the awesome new Urban Garden DSP. We used the versatile set Pocket Silouettes which is on sale until the end of Sept at 15% off!!!
The other card I wanted the ladies to try out my Big Shot die cut machine so this is the card I came up with. We used the lovely Bella Rose DSP as well.
I love how the Top Note Bigz Die comes with a detailed stitched mark around the edge. Perfect to leave as is, or use as a guide to cut and then matt another one behind it, like we did here. We used an oldie but goodie - Heartfelt Thanks stamp set and a great new word set called Heard from the Heart - which is on sale until the end of Sept at 15% off! (comes to $22.91)
OH, we also used the new scallop edge punch on this card too...on the Pink Pirhouette cardstock.
OK, that's about it for now. Its been so busy since Chris went back to work. He's also taking his recertification for level 2 first aide so he's at school alot when he's not working his 55 hour week :( I miss him! I've gone from him here 24.7 to gone ALOT! OH well, this too shall pass I keep telling myself. Mid-Oct First Aide will be over - yippee.. and he'll be good for 2 more years!
My Christmas Card club classes are this week for those of you that signed up. Tues and Thursday I'm holding them. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Happy Stampin'
Kerry

No comments: