Sunday, November 11, 2007

In Rememberance,

Today in Canada we call this day, Rememberance Day. I believe in the States its called Veterans Day?
Anyway here is a poem that is always recited today, and one that sums it all up.


In Flanders fields...
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scare heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe;
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

I am thankful for all those men and woman that fought for our freedom. My Great Grandfather died during WW1, and both my grandfathers fought during WW2. My Grandmother who lived in England at the time worked for the Ministry of Transportation and often worked where Winston Churchill would come in. He would always say 'hello deary' to my Grandmother, she said. I'm sad that my Grandparents have all passed away as this day was such a special day to thank them. I pray we never forget.....

No comments: