Sunday, February 27, 2011

Build a Blossom

Greetings,

Well yesterday I had one of the best days I've had in a long time. Stampin' Up! came to Vancouver!! Yes...it was Regionals. The last time they came here was 4 years ago! So I was in dire need of a creative tune up :)

Anyway I"ll be sharing the make n' take projects we made in the upcoming days but I thought I"d share what the gals in my clubs made in February.

There was quite a bit of interest in the Build a Blossom stamp set (pg 12 of the Occasions Mini) and the matching punch when we all saw it at first. I thought this would be a great stamp set to show since the punch didn't line up with the set, like in some sets SU has come out with before. Soooo I found a card idea I liked and went with it! I love the shimmer paint mixed in with rubbing alchohol. I truly believe ANY card would probably benefit from a spritz of that stuff!!! Can't go wrong with glitter :) Colours were Rose Red and Pear Pizazz for paper. Ink was Rose Red and Always Artichoke. We used the Springtime Vintage designer paper (pg 15 of the Occasion Mini) as well on both cards this month! LOVE LOVE LOVE that paper! Adornments are the embellishment which are found on pg 15 as well. Hope you like it!

Kerry

p.s. one thing I recommend when positioning your petals is to punch out a circle and adhere snail to it and then place them on that. Worked well at our clubs!



No comments: