Tuesday, November 18, 2008

sharpening your punches

Hello!
Well the tree's no longer look like my blog header...sure glad I got some pictures before the rain came!

I came accross a great video tutorial for sharpening your punches. If you're like me, some of your punches might fray a bit when you punch cardstock out....this can happen over time. Well, I've tried using tinfoil, also wax paper...hasn't made too much of a difference.
Soooo I"m looking forward to trying out the pop can idea. Watch the video to see how to do it in action - or skip the video and punch using an opened up pop can, then punch thru wax paper to lubricate. It looks like it really helps! Try it out and let me know :)
http://lindastamps.wordpress.com/2008/11/09/stampbusters-sharpening-your-punches-with-soda-cans/

I have my club here this evening....lots planned since its the last one of this term. 3 projects plus a little thank you gift for each of them. I'll post the gift tomorrow as I don't want to ruin the surprise. I have a new club forming for January if you're interested...I believe I have 4 spots left at this point...Would love to have you join in on the fun. Not sure what it entails? Email me for more info. ckschwen@shaw.ca

Have a great day! My little guy has a double ear infection so Chris has just gone to get him his antibiotics....hope they kick in fast!

Happy Stampin'
Kerry

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a great take on Mythbusters that this gal is doing! Love her little videos... Did you read the comments below the video? Some people were saying that tin cans in Canada are quite a bit thicker than the States, so they suggested using pop cans from the States or else getting a sheet of tin from a hardware store... if you are going to the states, save a few empty pop cans for your next downline meeting!!!